1. Pine trees- My new house has its very own pine tree! Everytime I look at it I’m reminded of Hosea 14:8 in which God describes Himself like a pine tree. “I am like a green pine tree; your fruitfulness comes from me.”
2. Anniversaries- It’s been seven years this month since I completed my treatment for breast cancer, and Mark and I celebrated 24 years of marriage in July.
3. Mark- He faithfully maintains my computer, my vehicle, and he never gets lost in parking garages.
4. Church Directory Family Photographs- It is so convenient to have them taken at church.
5. My Ipod- Music, Richard’s sermons, teaching series . . . I could go on an on.
6. My New Church Home- Ok, so it’s not small and cozy like my previous church. Although last week’s worship attendance totaled 20,745, I know that I will find my niche in this urban-mega church.
7. MapQuest- MapQuest directions give me semi-confidence to find my way around Katy and some parts of Houston (with additional tips from Mark, of course).
8. Goodwill- Shopping at Goodwill is like going on a treasure hunt.
9. Mechanical Pencils- No dull lead ever!
10.Susan’s Potholders I am very fond of the potholders woven by my beloved sister more than 24 years ago on a potholder loom. They definitely have a worn quality to them but I always reach for them first.