Tonight I will be listening closely to President Obama as he addresses a joint session of Congress on his plan to implement health care reform. I’m going to keep in mind the following twelve points as I listen. They were taken from a sermon last November by Pastor Roy Meadows of Westland Baptist Church of Katy.
If I were President, I would . . .
1. Lead with the FUTURE in mind.
2. Not assume UNENDING prosperity.
3. PREPARE the nation for what I believed was ahead.
4. Act on what I KNEW, rather than what th marjority THOUGHT.
5. Lead RESPONSIBILY, even if it means going against PUBLIC OPINION.
6. SAVE for the future.
7. Create a way for everybody to PAY and EAT.
8. LISTEN to outsiders.
9. Let the best people do the most important jobs.
10. Not be in BONDAGE to the existing bureaucracy.
11. Not be bound to pseudo “fairness,” but do what is BEST for the country.
12. Not let personal prejudices (we all have our share) blind me from good advice.