For the last two years I have compiled thankful lists in November. There is so much to be thankful for that it’s hard to know where to begin. Listed in no particular order . . .
1. “Hello in the house!” —Andrew greets me with this phrase sometimes when he calls or visits, and it warms my heart.
2. rain—especially the slow and steady rain that lasts all day and night
3. green tea—the kind that tastes so grassy that it’s got to be good for you
4. reminder calls for appointments—I need all the reminders that I can get
5. my F150—it’s faithful and true
6. books on CD—Hannah and I have been listening to the delightful Smokey by Will James; it’s such a treat to be read to by the talented Jim Weiss
7. friends—although it’s work to cultivate friendships, friends are an extraordinary blessing
8. Jerry Bridges (Christian author)—his book Transforming Grace transformed the meaning of grace for me
9. text messages with more than one word—one letter or word texts, such as “K,” “fine,” or “yes” leave me with a letdown feeling
10. scanners—technological marvels that help rid my desk of paper piles